@RISK is the perfect companion for the synergy of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma. “Quality only” Six Sigma models may fail when applied to reducing variation in a single process step, or to processes which do not add value to the customer. For example, an extra inspection during the manufacturing process to catch defective units may be recommended by a Six Sigma analysis. The waste of processing defective units is eliminated, but at the expense of adding inspection which is in itself waste. In a Lean Six Sigma analysis, @RISK identifies the causes of these failures. Furthermore, @RISK can account for uncertainty in both quality (ppm) and speed (cycle time) metrics.
@RISK provides the following
benefits in Lean Six Sigma analysis:
- Project selection – using RISKOptimizer to find the optimal portfolio
- Value stream mapping
- Identification of CTQs that drive variation
- Process optimization
- Uncover and reduce wasteful process steps
- Inventory optimization – using RISKOptimizer to minimize costs
- Resource allocation – using RISKOptimizer to maximize efficiency
Master Black Belt and Statistician
Smarter Solutions Inc.